As a member of the Executive Committee and reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in leading the enterprise manufacturing operations including global demand fulfillment, procurement, manufacturing, engineering operations, IT, safety, and materials management. You are an energetic, customer-centric, result-oriented person with a strong business acumen, and an entrepreneurial mindset. You have great interpersonal and leadership skills and able to create working synergies with your teammates and business partners.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearhead operations of 3 manufacturing centers and their combined profitability: Canada (2) and France including large capital equipment manufacturing and powder manufacturing.
- Oversee the S&OP and contract review process, optimize delivery lead times and inventory performance.
- Prepare budget, understand, organize, and manage key cost drivers and maximize the organization’s financial performance.
- Oversee the implementation of H&S, quality, and cost reduction programs to provide competitive advantage on the market.
- Develop and implement supply chain & resource strategies that will ensure sustainable operational profitability.
- Review / implement executive-level metrics that translate into operating level objectives.
- Ensure that organization's facilities comply with the various government and regulatory bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or in engineering, science with an MBA.
- 10-years or more in a relevant management position with strong understanding of the complete operations value chain.
- Skilled in management accounting, budgeting, lean manufacturing, and experience at working with engineered products in a scientific context.
- Strong strategic and entrepreneurial mindset at identifying strategic opportunities for operations.
- Strong analytical skills, capacity to organize complex data sets that translates into strategies and action plans
- Hands-on, engaged, and visible leader with strong communication and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French in a multicultural environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel is to be expected.
- Competitive salary
- Job location: Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
- Numerous social benefits
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
Tekna, a high-technology company with a global client base of industry leaders throughout the aerospace, biomedical and micro-electronics industries, is headquartered in Sherbrooke (Quebec) with subsidiaries in both Europe and Asia. We specialize in the development and production of superior quality metallic powders destined mainly for the flourishing additive manufacturing market (3D printing) as well as the design and manufacturing of integrated plasma systems.