Under the supervision of the Director of Business Development – Americas, the sales engineer will be responsible for overseeing the development and growth of profitable new businesses for the sale of equipment and powders for surfacing, additive manufacturing and other industries. The incumbent will ensure sales growth through the management of his business development activities and ensure that objectives are met according to the organizational strategy.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead various business development activities for North America (current and emerging markets);
- Develop, review and report its business development activities (including detailed visit reports and create / manage / maintain organizational tracking documents via CRM or other), competitor information and review and analysis of markets;
- Support the development of new products, support devices and other initiatives that create and deliver value to Tekna's customers and managers;
- Ensure business development, promotion and effective promotional planning;
- Support and help implement operational improvements;
- Prepare, present and maintain sales budgets;
- Support the entire process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure that the organization maximizes its profitability;
- Maintain and develop Tekna's organizational culture, values and reputation in the markets and with its employees, customers and suppliers.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering physics, chemical, mechanical or other related field;
- Knowledge and experience in plasma, materials and powder industry (an asset);
- Autonomous, organized, motivated and result-oriented person;
- Is able to build strong business relationships;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communication and problem solving;
- Demonstrates positive leadership and team spirit
- Excellent ability to work in a constantly evolving structure;
- Good knowledge with OS and MS Office;
- Proficiency in English (essential) and French (an asset);
- Permanent position (40h/week)
- Competitive salary
- Numerous social benefits
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
Tekna, a high-technology company with a global client base of industry leaders throughout the aerospace, biomedical and micro-electronics industries, is headquartered in Sherbrooke (Quebec) with subsidiaries in both Europe and Asia. We specialize in the development and production of superior quality metallic powders destined mainly for the flourishing additive manufacturing market (3D printing) as well as the design and manufacturing of integrated plasma systems.